P & F – Day 11. Wednesday, April 5. 2017
Day 11 – Kingdom Praying
Looking at the Lord’s prayer, which is really the disciples’ prayer, Jesus gives us an example of how to pray a kingdom prayer! (Matthew 6:9-13, Luke 11:2-4)
Our Father in Heaven, Hallowed be your name
- God is our Father and He is holy and His name is holy.
Your kingdom come,
- His kingdom has already come through Christ but is coming in fullness when Jesus returns to take us, the church, with Him. Then His kingdom will be literally established on earth! What a day that will be!
Your will be done, On earth as it in heaven.
- The ultimate desire is His will in our lives, lining up our hearts’ desires with heaven’s plans. He did put those desires in our hearts – that’s why He can bring them to pass! When we pray His will, and His Word, we know we are in harmony with heaven.
Give us today our daily bread, Forgive us our debts,
As we have forgiven our debtors
And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one
- He gives provision, forgiveness, protection and deliverance from the enemy. That is true Kingdom freedom. It’s not if, but when, we have need, forgive others, receive His forgiveness, turn away from temptation and sin, and ask for His powerful protection daily – that we can live in victory!
Trials and temptations are real! But God is more powerful than anything that the enemy can throw at you. He is our great deliverer!!
For yours is the Kingdom and the Power and the Glory
- This is not found in several versions of the Bible, but is written in others, and we do well to include this Kingdom statement! It is such a strong proclamation of His everlasting Kingdom, His Power and His Glory!
One day Jesus will come, and on His robe and thigh will be written “King of Kings and Lord of Lords”! Until then – we will walk and live in kingdom power, giving all praise and glory to the King of Kings. I mean, let’s face it – it’s His Kingdom, and we are His kids!
Author: Gwen Stickel